This weather is made for a hot tub! Many hot tub owners will close their tub during the summer months and re-open the tub in the fall. If you are thinking of getting your tub up and running here are a few quick tips.
- To clean the interior spa surface we recommend using a non-abrasive sponge or brush.
- When re-connecting your fittings check your o-rings if they are cracked or deteriorating it would be best to replace them now while the tub is empty.
- Before filling make sure the shut off valves are in the open position. Not all tubs have shut off valves, so if you are unsure what this is please give us a call.
- We recommend filling the tub by placing a garden hose down the filter cartridge. This will help prevent an air lock in your lines.
- Once the tub is full and running (we recommend filling your about 3” above the filter cartridge) bring us in a water sample and we can give you the perfect recipe to get your water balanced and ready for use!
These recommendations are meant as a general guide. If you have specific questions about how to open your hot tub please call us, we are happy to help! If you would prefer to have your tub professionally opened this is a service we can provide.